Join us for an in-person, video conference, or written feedback appointment.
Phone: (254) 710-4849
PROBLEMS OR QUESTIONS? If you have problems logging in to your online consultation or have other questions about your appointment, please email your consultant directly. You can find your consultant's email just above their introductory blurb in the Appointment dialog box. For all other questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Our Graduate Consultants (GCs) and Undergraduate Consultants (UGCs) are trained and happy to help undergraduates, graduate students, and faculty with any writing needs. Because we offer in-person and online appointments, we are able to help students on Baylor's campus as well as those taking online courses.
Please note the following:
- If applicable, please bring your prompt or assignment sheet to your appointment.
- If your work is longer than ten pages, you might consider making multiple appointments. (We can typically discuss up to 8-10 pages in a session.)
- If you would like to schedule an asynchronous online appointment, choose the "Written Feedback" option when booking your appointment. Please visit our website for further information.
As you schedule an appointment, please consider the following:
- Although our schedule is divided into one-hour blocks, our appointments actually last 45-50 minutes.
- Students who have video conference appointments should have a working web camera and microphone.
- Students are limited to two appointments per week and one appointment per day.
- Students who are late for their appointments may forfeit their slot to walk-in clients. Please call if you know you will be late.
- If you know you cannot make your appointment, please call or log-in online to cancel your appointment. After three missed appointments (i.e., no cancellation), your account will be deactivated.
The mission of the University Writing Center is to assist undergraduate and graduate students in all disciplines to become effective, confident writers who find the writing process meaningful, productive, and enjoyable. University Writing Center tutors consult with writers in supportive and nonjudgmental ways to facilitate self-discovery and inspire confidence as writers learn, grow, and take ownership of their words and ideas. Our methods reflect our respect for the individual writer, whose talents, voice, and goals are central to all our endeavors.